Dear SAMS swimmer,
On behalf of WP Masters Swimming and Western Cape Aquatics, you are invited to:
37th SA Masters Swimming Championship from 10th to 13th March 2021 held at the Belville Swimming Pool and
SA Masters Open Water Swimming Championship on 14th March 2021 held at Elgin Country Lodge on the Palmiet River.
Currently Covid-19 regulations allows 500 people to attend or participate at an outdoor event. Based on the conditions closer to the time Swim South Africa (SSA) can give concessions for greater daily attendance.
By March 2021, it is anticipated that the threat of Covid-19 would have reduced substantially. However a Compliance Officer will be appointed. A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that is approved by Swim South Africa (SSA) will also be followed. Based on the SOP and list of participants, SSA have agreed to issue a compliance certificate for the events.
At present Covid-19 regulations do not allow for spectators, however your spouse or partner may attend as support staff. Kindly indicate on the National Registration Form the name of your spouse or partner who is planning to attend.
Alternatively if your Spouse or Partner is a qualified time keeper, they may attend as timekeepers.
- Time keepers who assist with two to four sessions will receive a sponsored golf shirt.
- Time keepers who assist with five or more sessions will receive two sponsored golf shirts.
The larger clubs may wish to use Google Forms for Pool Entry and Registration. (Each club to be responsible for their own form)
Kindly note the following changes and details:
- A R250.00 rebate is offered to those requiring financial assistance.
- The traditional gala book will be replaced by a dog tag with your events and tickets attached.
- Print outs of the full Events Program can be ordered at R40 each.
- All events can be followed on Meet Mobile (download the App)
- South African Masters records and qualification times are available at: https://www.samastersswimming.com/ on the RECORDS tab
For the Nationals Program Book, traditionally, clubs and individuals have sponsored “good luck” messages.
For 2021, clubs/individuals/companies can sponsor EVENTS.
- The proposed minimum fee is R500 per event.
- The pool side announcer will broadcast that event as sponsored, for example:
Men’s 400m Individual Medley is sponsored by Graham du Toit who wishes all well whilst taming this killer event!
- We are planning for the sponsors name to be printed on the labels for the placement medals and we are hoping to display the sponsors at the event.
- Click here for the Event Sponsorship Form.
The theme for the 2021 Championship is CARNIVAL – come celebrate with us!
Entry and Registration Forms
- 2021 Invitation to SAMS Championship Carnival
- 2021 National Registration Form
- 2021 National Entry Form Pool
- 2021 National Entry Form Open Water Swim
- 2021 SAMS National Relay Instructions
- 2021 National Entry Form for relays
- 2021 National Relay Change Form
- 2021 Club Pay Form
- Click here for the 2021 Kit Order Form.
- Click here to download the Kit Order form
Looking forward to seeing you pool side.
083 229 6007