Kit Order Form – Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4th December 2020, Due to Christmas Demands, our supplier cannot accept any orders after this date.
Entry forms for Individuals – Send to your club by Friday 15th January 2021
TSHWANE MASTERS SWIMMING
LONG COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS 2021
Venue – Hillcrest Swimming Pool, Pretoria
Date – Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March 2021
Start – 09h00
- Entry fee is R100 for both days
- Maximum of 8 events per swimmer
- Pre-entries close on Thursday the 25th March 2021 at 18h00
- Tshwane Masters Swimming
- Nedbank Eastgate, Branch No 192405
- Account No 192 423 9779
- Reference – Surname-TshChamps
NB! You must attach the POP to the electronic form you are required to complete when entering!
COVID protocols will be in place.
Your UNIQUE COVID registration number will be required when you complete the electronic form!
Unique indemnity number from SSA
This number is a once off exercise for any swim in SA
- If you have a number use it
If you don’t have a number
- You should be registered with your club.
- Then, complete the SSA form via this link – Click here to start the request for a SSA Unique Number
- Fill in your email address and this Venue code – GPTS108
- You will then receive an email with a link for you to fill in the compliance form
- You MUST choose option 3, as a swimmer registered with your club
- After submitting the form you will have you unique number mailed to you – this is the number we need on your entry form
- If you this is the first time you are applying for a unique number:
- Please print the confirmation email that you receive from SSA and present it as confirmation that you comply with the DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT, 2002 (ACT 57 OF 2002).
- It may take 24 hours for the mail to arrive.
You are now ready to fill in the electronic entry form – Click here to Enter
P.E. Masters Swim Club
(082) 657 3424 Cell
Venue to be confirmed – dependant on Covid Restrictions
No venues are available due to COVID restrictions.
NB! A NEW DATE FOR THIS EVENT WILL BE CONFIRMED
Hope you are all well and safe!
Below please find the info for our annual 6 Hour Relay Gala. Please read the info document carefully, there are a few rules and regulations to take note of.
eThekwini, 4 January 2021
Dear fellow Masters swimmers!
I hope you have celebrated a safe and healthy Christmas and I wish you a blessed 2021.
Given the development and severity of the second Covid-19 wave in SA as well as globally and the latest changes in regulations holding a large National gala with masters (which includes many with comorbidities) is not advisable. Consulting with regional presidents, LOC and SAMS committee members the consensus was to postpone by one year at this stage.
The 37th SAMS national masters long course championship as planned for March 2021 is cancelled and postponed by one year to March 2022.
Nationals is our only annual national event held at the end of the summer swim season. After all the thorough preparation we are very grateful that the Cape Town LOC has agreed to host the postponed nationals in March 2022. Exact dates will be communicated when the venues have been confirmed.
Our hospital systems are overburdened. Covid-19 is wreaking havoc in our families, communities and businesses. With the advent of vaccines holding a national gala in 2022 will have a much higher probability of being held responsibly. Please take every effort to get vaccinated, both for your own health and to substantially reduce the risk of holding regional and national galas for masters.
For all participants out of town travel arrangements are taken at great risk of regulations being changed at short notice. For those of you who have booked, we hope you can negotiate that the accommodation and travel booked can be held for one year as nationals will be held at the same location.
We had considered to hold over February and March a low key long-course “nationals” based on same format as SC nationals but decided against it on the basis of availability of pools in hotspots. Regions where feasible are encouraged to hold regional long-course galas to cover as much as possible of the events (a two-day gala is sufficient.)
The short-course nationals are extended to the end of March 2021 to allow for availability of pools in adjusted regulations and in cognisance of the cancelled national masters long course championship. Currently galas with no visitors are still allowed under level 3.
Please keep safe, wash your hands and sanitise, practise physical distancing and interact socially in a safe manor.
And let’s live our very apt Masters mantra “to swim for fun, fitness and friendship.”
President and on behalf of South African Masters Swimming